The New Electric Buses in Sofia Will Have 25 and 60 Seats
The new 52 electric buses which Sofia Municipality will buy will be two types.
30 of them will be 5.5 to 7.5 meters long and the remaining 22 will be between 7.6 and 9.6 meters long. The shorter ones will have about 25 seats and the longer ones will have 60 seats for passengers. The information was announced on the social network by the Deputy Mayor of Sofia, Doncho Barbalov.
As Capital.bg reports, the purchase is under the Environment Program. The new vehicles will be used to transport passengers from the suburbs to metro stations. The routes for Gorna Banya, Ovcha Kupel, Lyulin and Vitosha Hydroelectric Power Plants in Simeonovo have already been developed.
Since the end of last year, 20 electric buses have been operating in Sofia's public transport. They are 12 meters long, with 90 seats for passengers and run on bus lines 9 and 309.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria
- » Assoc. Prof. Kunchev: The Epidemic in Bulgaria is still Far from Over
- » CEM with a New Chairman - Betina Zhoteva
- » PM Borissov: It is Most Important to Protect our Medical Professionals, They Will Receive Bonus Remuneration
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly