The First Ancient Festival will be Held in Sofia on September 21-22, 2019
The first Ancient Festival "Serdica is my Rome" will be held in Sofia on September 21-22, 2019.
The aim is to promote the ancient heritage of the city. The residents and guests of the capital will witness a rich program that will familiarize them with the early history of Serdica in the time around the reign of Emperor Constantine.
The project for the ancient festival ''Serdica is my Rome'' is one of a kind, dedicated to the ancient history of Sofia. Historic festivals around the world are proving wide interest as a way to promote a city or locality. In recent years, a number of significant archeological sites have been exhibited and opened to visitors in Sofia: the catacombs and tombs under the Church of St. Sofia, the Ancient Cultural and Communication Complex Serdica and the Western Gate.
The purpose of organizing an annual antique festival is to arouse interest in these unique sites among the general public.
The project is funded by the Culture Program of the Sofia Municipality.
- » Bulgarian Pavilion at the Venice Biennale was Visited by over 17,200 People
- » "Night 2019" in Plovdiv Offers Many Cultural Events
- » The Bulgarian Premiere of SOMEONE FROM HOME Will Take Place on September 15 at the Kino Cabana
- » Milko Lazarov's "Aga" is the Bulgarian Proposal For an Oscar
- » Theodore Ushev's 'The Physics of Sorrow' Animation with a World Premiere in Toronto
- » Vezhdi Rashidov Opens an Exhibition in Plovdiv