The First Ancient Festival will be Held in Sofia on September 21-22, 2019
The first Ancient Festival "Serdica is my Rome" will be held in Sofia on September 21-22, 2019.
The aim is to promote the ancient heritage of the city. The residents and guests of the capital will witness a rich program that will familiarize them with the early history of Serdica in the time around the reign of Emperor Constantine.
The project for the ancient festival ''Serdica is my Rome'' is one of a kind, dedicated to the ancient history of Sofia. Historic festivals around the world are proving wide interest as a way to promote a city or locality. In recent years, a number of significant archeological sites have been exhibited and opened to visitors in Sofia: the catacombs and tombs under the Church of St. Sofia, the Ancient Cultural and Communication Complex Serdica and the Western Gate.
The purpose of organizing an annual antique festival is to arouse interest in these unique sites among the general public.
The project is funded by the Culture Program of the Sofia Municipality.
- » Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders
- » A Monument of Pencho Slaveikov Was Opened in Milan
- » Exhibition Commemorating the 500th Anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci is Open in the Louvre
- » Georgi Gospodinov Won One of the Largest European Literature Awards