Australia is Considering Blocking Sites with Violent and Extremist Content
Australia is considering blocking websites that distribute violent and terrorist content. This was announced by Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison during the G7 summit in Biarritz, quoted by BTA.
Morrison said those measures are needed to avoid the dissemination of such "disgusting materials" on the network.
On March 15, an Australian shot dead 51 people in two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, and the attacks themselves were broadcast live on the internet. This showed that websites and platforms could be used to distribute extremist content with violence and terrorism, Morrison said in a statement. It recalls that such disgusting content has no place in Australia.
Measures that will be taken will restrict access to domains distributing terrorist documents. In addition, the Crisis Coordination Center will constantly monitor incidents of terrorism and extreme violence in order to block them online.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Romanian Court has placed Andrew Tate under House Arrest
- » For the First Time a Country in Europe Banned ChatGPT
- » EU Prosecutor's Office is conducting Searches in Sofia as part of an Investigation into Corruption and Misuse of Funds
- » Lukashenko: A Third World War with Nuclear Fire is on the Horizon
- » The Jihadists detained in Belgium, including a Bulgarian, were Preparing the Murder of the Mayor of Antwerp
- » Day 401 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Blinken urged the Americans to leave Russia immediately