285 Women Were Killed in Turkey in just Seven Months
285 women were killed in Turkey in the first seven months of 2019, Yeni Safak reports. In July alone, 31 women were killed in the country.
According to the publication, the number of women homicide victims has increased fourfold in the last seven years.
The newspaper notes that, despite the public's desire to stop violence against women, and especially killings, the opposite is true.
In the last ten years, 2337 women have been killed in Turkey. In 2011, 121 women were killed and in 2018, the number grows to 440.
This negative trend is expected to continue, Yeni Safak writes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Weather Today in Bulgaria - June 4
- » Mexican Zoo - Refuge for Animals During the Pandemic
- » Stricter Control Over Waste Incineration in Bulgaria
- » Vladimir Putin Declares State of Emergency after a Massive Diesel Spill
- » Non-profit Group is Suing Trump After Social-Media Targeting
- » 2560 Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, 22 Newly Registered for June 3