285 Women Were Killed in Turkey in just Seven Months
285 women were killed in Turkey in the first seven months of 2019, Yeni Safak reports. In July alone, 31 women were killed in the country.
According to the publication, the number of women homicide victims has increased fourfold in the last seven years.
The newspaper notes that, despite the public's desire to stop violence against women, and especially killings, the opposite is true.
In the last ten years, 2337 women have been killed in Turkey. In 2011, 121 women were killed and in 2018, the number grows to 440.
This negative trend is expected to continue, Yeni Safak writes.
- » National Employment Agency: The Unemployment Rate in Bulgaria Remains at Record Low Level
- » The Iconic Designer Luigi Colani Dies at 91
- » New Mobile App Collects Reports for Incorrect and Good Employers
- » Thousands Attended the Gay Parade in Belgrade
- » The New School Year Begins Today
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday