Police Detained a Bulgarian in France with Nearly 30 kg of Cannabis
A Bulgarian has been detained in France with nearly 30 kilograms of cannabis, Radio Blio reported on their website.
The 55-year-old man traveled from Barcelona, Spain, to Germany. He was checked by customs officials while he stopped in his car at a resting place on the A7 motorway in the south-east French department of Drôme on Wednesday night against Thursday.
In the car's hiding place were found 15.5 kilograms of cannabis resin and 13.8 kilograms of "grass", or a total of 29.3 kilograms. The Bulgarian assured that he did not know that he was carrying the drug.
The man was turned over to the prosecutor's office in Valance today. He will remain in pre-trial custody until Monday when he will be arraigned in the city, which is the administrative center of the Drom department.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Development: More Arrested for Illegal Import of Waste from Italy
- » AP: More Than 360 kg of Cocaine were Found in an Apartment in Sofia
- » Say My Name: People Outraged over the Death of George Floyd - Unarmed Black Man Killed by Police
- » Plovdiv: A 16 Year Old Boy Was Kidnapped. The Kidnappers Were Found
- » A Turkish Citizen Tried to Smuggle 2460 Tablets Viagra Through Bulgaria
- » Police Chase in Druzhba District - 4 Men Detained