Bulgaria Ranks Last in the EU in Online Holiday Booking
Bulgaria ranks last in the European Union (EU) in online holiday booking, Eurostat statistics for 2017 show.
In the EU in 2017, 50% of internet users said they had booked their vacations online. Only 17% of the Bulgarian population planned their vacations this way.
Luxembourg, Switzerland, Finland and Germany are at the top with 73, 66, 65 and 64 percent respectively. Romania is just ahead of Bulgaria by 18%.
Traditionally, planning holidays or trips online is more common among Bulgarian internet users between the ages of 25 and 34 (55%).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Zaharieva: We Should Not Allow Another Closure of EU Borders Again
- » Tourism Season 2020: Bulgaria's Tourism Minister Angelkova at a Meeting in Sunny Beach
- » 3000 COVID-19 Tests per Day at Kulata Border Checkpoint, Greece Launches Website for Questions
- » Finland Lifts Travel Restriction for 17 Countries, Bulgaria Is Not Among Them
- » Greece: All Travellers Entering the Kulata Border Checkpoint Will Be Tested for COVID-19
- » Greece: Bulgarian Tourists Are Quarantined on the Island of Thassos