Bulgaria Ranks Last in the EU in Online Holiday Booking
Bulgaria ranks last in the European Union (EU) in online holiday booking, Eurostat statistics for 2017 show.
In the EU in 2017, 50% of internet users said they had booked their vacations online. Only 17% of the Bulgarian population planned their vacations this way.
Luxembourg, Switzerland, Finland and Germany are at the top with 73, 66, 65 and 64 percent respectively. Romania is just ahead of Bulgaria by 18%.
Traditionally, planning holidays or trips online is more common among Bulgarian internet users between the ages of 25 and 34 (55%).
- » China Has 843 Five-Star Hotels
- » What are the Most Common Items People Forget to Pack for Vacation?
- » Australian Airline Qantas Breaks a World Record with a Direct Flight from London to Sydney
- » 5 Reasons Tuscany Should be at the Top of Your Travel Bucket List
- » Over BGN 1.374 Billion in Tourist Nights Spent in 9 Months
- » The Low-Cost Carrier Ryanair Opens a New Route to Bulgaria