Macron: The Brexit Safeguard Mechanism Can Be Negotiated within 30 Days
An Irish border solution (the so-called safeguard mechanism) can be found within 30 days in order for an organized exit of the UK from the EU to be achieved. This was stated by French President Emmanuel Macron, quoted by BTA.
Macron is convinced that a decision can be reached within 30 days and stressed that the future of the United Kingdom is only in Europe.
Johnson told Macron that he wanted a Brexit deal and added that he had been very encouraged by meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel. "I want an agreement. I think we can reach an agreement and a good deal," Johnson told reporters. The British Prime Minister stressed that under no circumstances would the UK put border controls on the border between EU Member State Ireland and the British province of Northern Ireland.
Boris Johnson stressed that he understood the EU's desire to preserve the integrity of the single market but believed that it was compatible with the Brexit agreement, which would also preserve the integrity of the United Kingdom.
- » President Rumen Radev Met with th US Ambassador to Bulgaria Justin Friedman
- » MFA: No Data For Bulgarians Affected by the Floods in Northern Greece
- » Prime Minister Borisov Met with the Greek Minister For Migration Policy
- » Rosen Zhelyazkov Discusses Mobility Package with EU Ministers in Brussels
- » Ministry of Interior: Migration Pressure in the Region is Increasing
- » PM Boyko Borissov Comments the Change in the Position of the Bulgarian Government on Belene NPP