All Airports in Bulgaria Tightened their Security Measures after Yesterday’s False Bomb Threats
Tightened security measures are in place at the airports in Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna and Bourgas after yesterday’s false bomb threats.
Bomb threats were emailed yesterday to airports and media. Sofia airport was not evacuated and there was no disruption of flights. Passengers were evacuated from the airport in Plovdiv. A false bomb threat was also received by Bulgarian National TV, where staff were evacuated for three hours.
Similar threats were sent to airports and media in other EU countries yesterday as well, the Interior Ministry says.
According to an information of the Bulgarian General Directorate Combatting Organized Crime, the online messages containing threats about explosive devices were sent to the Bulgarian addresses through computer servers in Switzerland and the Seychelles, BNR reported.
- » Facebook Suspended nearly 70,000 Applications because of the Potential Risk of Privacy Issues
- » Two Powerful Earthquakes in Albania - There Are Injured People and Material Damages
- » Day without Cars: Parts of Major Cities in Bulgaria Are Closed for Cars
- » Today Is the 111th Anniversary of Bulgaria's Declaration of Independence
- » Bulgarian Died in Mount Olympus
- » Increased Traffic Today, Large Queues at the Border Checkpoints