Wildfire in Forest near Sofia Area Broke out Again, Urgent Call for Volunteers
A forest fire broke out again between the villages of Vlado Trichkov and Rebrovo (Sofia district), on August 20. The flames engulfed dry grass and trees. The mayors of the two villages are urgently seeking volunteers.
The volunteers should be adequately dressed in long trousers, long sleeves, and leather shoes, and everyone should have a shovel. The situation is urgent because of the strong winds, which creates conditions for the rapid spread of the fire, the mayor of the village of Vlado Trichev, Ivan Nikolov, said. He added that the situation is serious and unfortunately there are not enough willing volunteers.
On Sunday afternoon, the forest between the villages of Rebrovo and Vlado Trichkov caught fire. Two uninhabited villas burned down.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Young Doctor from Sofia's Emergency Aid Dies of COVID-19
- » 5.3 Мagnitude Earthquake Shakes Turkey
- » Rock Mass Collapsed During the Construction of the Zheleznitsa Tunnel, Three Workers Injured
- » A Public Transport Bus Hit a Child Riding a Scooter in Sofia
- » A Lightning Strike Killed a Child Near Botevgrad
- » Two Children Drowned After Jumping From the Bridge in the Sea Garden of Burgas