Germany is Against Russia's Return to the G-8
In 2014, the seven most developed economies decided to remove Russia from the group, NOVA TV writes.
The German government has declared that it does not agree with the renewal of Russia's membership in the Group of the most advanced industrialized countries, as suggested by the presidents of France and the United States, DPA, TASS and BTA reported.
Government spokesman in Berlin Steffen Seibert recalled that in 2014, the seven most developed economies decided to remove Russia from the group because of the illegal annexation of Crimea and its political and military support for separatists in eastern Ukraine.
"Both reasons are still there," he stressed.
Seibert added that if Moscow expresses its readiness to change its stance on the conflict in Ukraine, the G-8 (Currently G-7) countries will discuss restoring its membership.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Serbia Declares a State of Emergency in Belgrade
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov and the Minister of Defense Attended the Celebration of the Plovdiv Garrison
- » Bulgaria Asks Why Britain Lifts Quarantine For More Than 50 Nations — But Not For Bulgarians
- » European Commission Invests €1 Billion in Innovative Clean Technology Projects