Second Outbreak of African Swine Fever in Alabak State Forest Enterprise
A second outbreak of African swine fever has been registered in Alabak State Forest Enterprise, Pazardzhik Regional Governor Stefan Mirev said after a meeting of the Regional Epizootic Commission, Focus Radio – Pazardzhik reported.
Mirev said a sample of a second dead pig found in the Velingrad region on the territory of Alabak State Forest Enterprise tested positive. "It is the second outbreak of African swine fever in the region of Velingrad. At the meeting, we made a thorough analysis and discussed all measures taken by the competent institutions. They are the same as those with the first outbreak. Today, an order will be issued by the director of the regional forestry department, which will ban access to the infected area. It will prohibit logging, mushroom picking, hiking and any activities that could spread the infection," Stefan Mirev explained.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2560 Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, 22 Newly Registered for June 3
- » Russian COVID-19 Vaccine in the Form of Yogurt?
- » WHO: Be Careful, This is Still a Killer Virus, after Claim by Italian Doctor
- » 19 New Cases of Coronavirus in Bulgaria, Total: 2538 on June 2
- » The Last Patients With COVID-19 Have Been Discharged From Pirogov Hospital
- » Masks Are Not Mandatory in Restaurants in Bulgaria