This Year Bulgaria has Allocated BGN 70 Million for Reclamation of Old Landfills
This year we have allocated BGN 70 million for reclamation of old landfills, Minister of Environment and Water Neno Dimov said in reference to the fire in Svishtov, in an interview with bTV.
"The landfill in Svishtov has ceased operations and needs to be reclaimed. There are about 116 old landfills in the country," Dimov said, adding that only 31 municipalities have applied for reclamation of old landfills so far. "We have about 56 million levs for them," Minister Dimov said, explaining that part of the money will also be used for filling a landfill with the earth. "This technical reclamation would not allow its further ignition," he said.
He also said clearing up landfills is a municipality's job. "Municipalities are the ones submitting an application. We have secured the resources and approve their projects," he said.
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor