This Year Bulgaria has Allocated BGN 70 Million for Reclamation of Old Landfills
This year we have allocated BGN 70 million for reclamation of old landfills, Minister of Environment and Water Neno Dimov said in reference to the fire in Svishtov, in an interview with bTV.
"The landfill in Svishtov has ceased operations and needs to be reclaimed. There are about 116 old landfills in the country," Dimov said, adding that only 31 municipalities have applied for reclamation of old landfills so far. "We have about 56 million levs for them," Minister Dimov said, explaining that part of the money will also be used for filling a landfill with the earth. "This technical reclamation would not allow its further ignition," he said.
He also said clearing up landfills is a municipality's job. "Municipalities are the ones submitting an application. We have secured the resources and approve their projects," he said.
- » PM Boyko Borissov Comments the Change in the Position of the Bulgarian Government on Belene NPP
- » The Gay Parade - Main Reason For Volen Siderov to Run For Mayor of Sofia
- » The First Bulgarian Sports Electric Car Will be Unveiled in Sofia in October
- » The Construction of Turkish Stream Officially Begins
- » MEPs to Meet For Mobility Package
- » Interpol drops Red Notice for Zhelyaz Andreev