Iran Has Ruled Out the Possibility of Negotiating a New Nuclear Deal with the US
Iran is not interested in negotiating with Washington, but if there is mediation, it should focus on the US returning to the 2015 nuclear deal, which they left last year. This was stated by Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, quoted by BTA. Zarif commented on the deal after his meeting in Finland with his colleague, Pekka Haavisto, who announced that Europe was doing everything it could to save the agreement.
The Finnish minister noted that despite the pressure from the US European companies, his country and the European Union support the INSTEX financial mechanism set up in January by Germany, France and the United Kingdom.
Theoretically, the interbank mechanism allows payments to be made with Iran, circumventing US sanctions.
The Iranian foreign minister, for an example, said Tehran has the potential to guarantee security in the Persian Gulf and is ready to work in that direction. He also stressed the need for changes in the area.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev: Don't Wait for the Moment when Hunger will Overcome Fear!
- » Bulgaria's MPs & Government Forgo Salaries during Coronavirus State of Emergency
- » Merkel Won't Consider her Withdrawing in 2021
- » Ukrainian MPs Asks More About Bulgarian Experience in Fighting COVID-19
- » President Radev Calls for Return to Normal Life the Soonest Possible, PM Borissov Said he will Pull GERB out of Parliament If the President Vetoes the State of Emergency
- » Bulgaria’s GDP to Decline by 3% in the Worst Case Scenario