Green Registration Plates as an Incentive for E-cars in Bulgaria
Green registration plates for electric cars is “one of the measures the state is proposing to encourage the use of this type of car," bTV reported.
The goal is to reduce pollution. Currently, there are incentives to drive such cars, though not many.
Importers' analysis shows that sales of such cars are increasing, but quite symbolically. In Bulgaria, all electric cars are barely 750, while hybrid cars are just over 5700. However, globally, growth is 92%.
Putting distinctive license plates on electric cars aims to make them more recognizable, and is expected to raise the public awareness and encourage people to think about a cleaner environment.
However, already registered electric cars will not receive a green number even if the Ministry of Interior's proposal enters into force. It will only apply for newly purchased cars.
- » Increased Traffic Today, Large Queues at the Border Checkpoints
- » Today We Celebrate the International Day of Peace
- » Twitter Closed Thousands of Accounts Around the World For Spreading Fake News
- » Millions of People Around the World Have Joined the Global Climate Strike
- » Fire Burned Dozens of Decares of Forests near Vidin
- » Yordanka Fandakova: For Four Years Sofia Municipality Has Invested BGN 55 Million in Healthcare