The Iranian Tanker Grace 1 Left Gibraltar
Gibraltar has rejected a request by the United States to retain the oil-filled Iranian tanker Grace 1. So the ship was released to sail. He raised the Iranian flag, changed his name, and left Gibraltar. On Thursday, a court on British territory ruled that the ship should be released after commandos seized it in early July, leading to an international scandal.
The day after the decision, the United States has demanded another arrest of the oil-carrying tanker for more than $ 100 million. Gibraltar refused on the grounds that the United States' sanctions on Iran do not apply to the European Union. The release came after Tehran guaranteed that the oil won’t be shipped to Syria. This would be in breach of the European Union embargo.
We recall that according to CBS News, the ship was detained for over a month in Gibraltar for allegedly attempting to breach European Union sanctions on Syria.
- » 90 People Were Detained during Protests in Paris
- » Migrant Situation in Greece Gets even Worse - Lesbos Camp Is Overcrowded
- » Four People Were Killed in the Floods in Texas after Imelda
- » 600 Protests Are Planned in the United States on September 20-27
- » Queen Elizabeth II Owns Four Apartments in Moscow, but She May not Know about them
- » Mark Zuckerberg Met Donald Trump at the White House