Russian and Korean Company with Interest in Belene NPP, China's CNNC Is also Expected
According to Horizont, the Russian company Rosatom and the Korean Hydro Nuclear Company have submitted applications to the Belene NPP strategic investor selection process to date. China's CNNC is also expected to submit documents by the end of the day.
A desire to participate in the construction of the plant was stated by the French "Framatome” and the American "General Electric", and a Bulgarian company has asked to buy shares from the future project. The application deadline expires today.
In an interview for BNR, Bulatom's executive secretary Stanislav Georgiev commented that there would be no changes in the terms of the procedure and the state would not provide guarantees for the purchase of electricity:
"The procedure was announced a few months ago. It involves 9 stages, and this is only the first one. This is not a tender. The first stage is simply statements "I intend to participate.” In my opinion, all three potential investors you mentioned will be in the short list, heated discussions will be launched, bids will be requested and, depending on what is specifically offered in the bids that are yet to come, there will be relevant discussions somewhere in the third or fourth stage of the procedure. As you know, the procedure was announced to take a little over a year."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria allowed the Export to Ukraine of Petroleum Products obtained from Russian Crude Oil
- » Bulgargaz offers a Gas Price of BGN 124.35/MWh for February
- » The Construction of the Bulgarian Route of the Gas Connection with Serbia has Started
- » Construction of the Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Connection will begin on February 1
- » Bulgaria: Gas is Expected to be nearly 30% Cheaper in February, Heating and Electricity will Not Increase in price
- » 32,000 Barrels of Fuel reach Ukraine from Bulgaria Every Day