Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits
Bulgarian law enforcement officers in the port city of Burgas seized nearly 76 kg of cocaine hidden among fruits coming from Ecuador via Italy, authorities said, Trend reports citing Xinhua.
The illicit drug was found in a warehouse, packed in four boxes, the Ministry of Interior and national Prosecutor's Office said in a joint statement.
The boxes were part of a shipment consisting of 20,626 boxes with fruits, which arrived in Burgas on July 29, the statement said.
The drugs were wrapped in lead foil, which made it difficult to detect them, it said.
Authorities estimated that the value of the cocaine on the black market would exceed 2.83 million U.S. dollars.
The investigation is ongoing.
- » Billion Dollar Business: Illegal Puppies Trade from Eastern Europe
- » € 2 Million Worth of Valuables Were Stolen from the Vaux-le-Vicomte Chateau in France
- » Ivan Geshev: We Busted An Arms and Drug Trafficking Group from Bulgaria to the UK
- » British Man Charged with Child Sex Abuse in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office: Charges Brought Against 4 People for Organ Trafficking
- » Seven People Killed in Terrorist Attack in Turkey