Bulgaria's Largest Recipient of Development Assistance Is North Macedonia
North Macedonia is the largest recipient of development assistance from Bulgaria. In 2019, Bulgaria has provided over 500,000 euros to the neighboring country, Foreign Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva said. She opened a new social center in Strumica, funded by Sofia with 138,000 euros. Bulgaria is also building a center for early diagnosis of autism in Ohrid, rebuilding bridges, schools and sports facilities, BNR reported.
Minister Zaharieva also pointed out the importance of the project for media cooperation between the two neighboring countries aimed against "hate speech". By October, Skopje must show results on the racketeering corruption scandal that has been a hot topic in Macedonian society these days, in order to receive an invitation to negotiate with the EU, Zaharieva added.
- » US President Donald Trump Will Receive PM Boyko Borissov at the White House on November 25, 2019
- » The Game of Envoys: Are the EU and the US Taking the Western Balkans more Seriously?
- » PM Borissov: Reconciliation and Regional Cooperation Are Key to European Integration of the Western Balkans
- » PM Borissov Arrived in Geneva for a Leadership Meeting
- » Luxembourg Will Do Everything it Can in Order for Bulgaria to Become a Member of the Schengen Area
- » Romania's Adina Valean Is the New EU Commissioner for Transport