Bulgaria's Largest Recipient of Development Assistance Is North Macedonia
North Macedonia is the largest recipient of development assistance from Bulgaria. In 2019, Bulgaria has provided over 500,000 euros to the neighboring country, Foreign Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva said. She opened a new social center in Strumica, funded by Sofia with 138,000 euros. Bulgaria is also building a center for early diagnosis of autism in Ohrid, rebuilding bridges, schools and sports facilities, BNR reported.
Minister Zaharieva also pointed out the importance of the project for media cooperation between the two neighboring countries aimed against "hate speech". By October, Skopje must show results on the racketeering corruption scandal that has been a hot topic in Macedonian society these days, in order to receive an invitation to negotiate with the EU, Zaharieva added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus