Israel Has Refused The United States Congress Members to Visit the Country
Two Democratic women were denied access to Israel. They often criticize the policy of Benjamin Netanyahu's government. Until now, a member of the United States Congress has been denied entry into Israel.
Just a month ago, the country's ambassador to Washington said the two would be allowed "respect for the US Congress and the great alliance between our countries." But then President Donald Trump intervened, a staunch opponent of Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib and said Israel would be weak if they were accepted in the country.
“It would show great weakness if Israel allowed Rep. Omar and Rep.Tlaib to visit. They hate Israel & all Jewish people, & there is nothing that can be said or done to change their minds. Minnesota and Michigan will have a hard time putting them back in office. They are a disgrace!”
Tlaib and Omar have said their criticisms of the Israeli government are based on policy differences and have repeatedly denied harboring any animus toward Jews or Israelis, The Washington Post reported.
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: We Suggest to Have a Cybersecurity Department in the European Commission
- » Distribution of Over BGN 620 Thousand Worth of Pensions in Bulgaria is Temporarily Suspended
- » Warning of Dangerous Undercurrents Along the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Traffic on Struma Motorway Expected to be Allowed Partially from Friday
- » Bulgarian PM: Government is Implementing Consistent Policy to Build and Renovate Sports Facilities Across the Country
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescuers: Injured Tourist near Malyovitsa Peak is Safe