Radioactive Waste Depository to Be Build near Kozloduy
The Supreme Administrative Court has definitively turned down the appeal of the “Coalition for sustainable development” and Ecoglasnost against the environmental assessment of the project for a national low- and intermediate-level radioactive waste depository at the Kozloduy NPP site near the town of Kozloduy in Northwestern Bulgaria, the Radioactive Waste state enterprise which is implementing the project has announced, BNR reported.
The depository will be used for hazardous waste from power generation, medicine, industry, agriculture and science. The depot, which ought to be completed by 2021, costs 70 million euro to be provided from the Kozloduy International Decommissioning Support Fund for compensating for the early shutdown of reactors 1 to 4 of Bulgaria’s only nuclear power plant.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sunday Times: Scientists in China Discovered a Virus Close to COVID-19 Seven Years Ago?
- » Bulgaria: Ministry of Interior Marks its Professional Holiday, Trade Union Protests Today, July 5
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 180 Newly Registered Cases on July 5, 5677 Total
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea