Part of the Wing of a Passenger Plane in New York Fell Off
A Chinese passenger plane forcibly returned to Kennedy Airport in New York after part of its wing broke off, NOVA TV reported.
China Eastern's Boeing 777-300 machine transported 300 people from New York to Shanghai. When taking-off, part of the wing of the plane broke off and fell to the ground.
The pilots stooged about 2.5 hours over the ocean near New York to get rid of fuel and make the landing safer. Finally, the plane landed successfully back at the same airport.
On the inspection, it was noted that there was no metal plate from a mechanism that reduces the lifting force of the wing and increases the air resistance.
- » A Plane from Moscow to Burgas Has Made an Emergency Landing after Passenger Took Gun Onboard
- » Bridge Collapsed in China, at Least Three People Were Killed (VIDEO)
- » 11 Elephants Die in Thailand after Falling from a Waterfall
- » Stolen Truck Slams into Cars in Germany
- » At least 10 Killed and 27 Injured in Jalalabad Explosion
- » Migrant Ship Sank near Lampedusa, there Are Casualties