Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Free Food and Lodging Provided for Tourists Blocked on Samothraki Island in Greece
Bulgarian tourists blocked on the Greek island of Samothraki can get a free meal once a day at several establishments near Port Kamariotissa, as well as free overnight accommodation, said the press office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The support is provided by the local authorities and is available to all tourists who can present an identity document. About 1,500 tourists – mainly from Romania, but also from Bulgaria, Serbia, France, the United Kingdom and Italy – have been blocked on Samothraki after the ferries connecting the island with the mainland had broken down.
The Greek shipping ministry has decided that the Andros Jet ferry (with capacity for 600 passengers and 75 cars) will resume operations on 14 August 2019, Wednesday. Under suitable meteorological conditions, a second smaller vessel will be launched to carry passengers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea
- » Weather Today: Rainy Over Western Bulgaria, on the SeaCoast - Perfect for the Beach
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1