Bulgaria Transfers Full Amount for Purchase of F-16 Aircraft and Associated Equipment and Weapons
The Bulgarian Department of Defence has transferred the entire amount of USD 1.2 billion under the international government procurement contracts for the purchase of eight F-16 Block 70 aircraft and associated equipment and weapons, the Ministry of Defence said in a press release. The transfer was ordered on 8 August by the Ministry of Defence to the Defence Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) on behalf of the Republic of Bulgaria. With this step, the Bulgarian side fulfilled its commitment under the contracts under the project for the acquisition of a new type of fighter aircraft for the Bulgarian Air Force. With the confirmation by the Agency of USD 1.2 billion received on the account of the Republic of Bulgaria, the contracts entered in force for the U.S. side and their practical implementation begins.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov and the Minister of Defense Attended the Celebration of the Plovdiv Garrison
- » See Which European Countries are Opening Their Borders Today
- » Turkey Declared 20 km Border near Bulgaria for a Prohibited Military Zone
- » Law Changes in Bulgaria: 3 Years of Imprisonment , Fine to 10,000 BGN for Anyone Who Violates Rules against COVID-19
- » Minister Karakachanov: The United States has Given Bulgaria $87 Million for Military Equipment
- » Expert: The NRA Data Leak Have Attracted the Attention of Hackers from around the World