The Bulgarian Informatics Team Won 4 Medals at the International Baku Olympiad
The Bulgarian team returns with one gold, two silver and one bronze medal from the International Olympiad in Informatics held in Baku, Azerbaijan, the Ministry of Education and Science announced.
Radosla (12th grade, MG "Acad. Kiril Popov" in Plovdiv) was awarded with the the gold medal. The silver ones went to Alexander Krastev (12th grade, Dr Petar Beron-Varna, Varna) and Martin Kopchev (9th grade, Academic Ivan Gyuzelev, Gabrovo). Victor Kozhuharov (10th grade, MG Baba Tonka Ruse) has a bronze medal The leaders of the Bulgarian competitors are Emil Kelevedzhiev from the Institute of Mathematics and Informatics at BAS and Anton Shikov from Yambol.
Bulgaria ranks 10th in points and medals in the Olympiad, with 327 students from 87 countries. This the state’s best medal achievement in the last 5 years. Bulgaria holds the 5th place in the world medal in the ranking for all Olympiads.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » One in Ten Bulgarians between the ages of 18 and 24 has Dropped out of School Early
- » Working as a Bulgarian Student in Europe: What You Need to Know About Work Permits
- » Bulgaria: A Draft Regulation provides for Military training for 10th and 11th Grade Students
- » 15.2% are the Teachers under 35 in Bulgaria, 54 is the Average Age
- » Bulgaria: The Affordable Option for Quality Education in Europe
- » The Bulgarian Parliament decided: Free Textbooks for Students from Grades 1 to 12