More than 50 Wildfires in Greece
More than 50 forest fires are raging in Greece in conditions of heat, drought and high winds, the France press reported.
More than 450 firefighters and 23 aircraft have been mobilized to fight the fire.
Particularly large are one fire on Elafonisos Island, southern Peloponnese, and two near Marathon, near the capital Athens.
Evacuees were evacuated from the Elafonissos campsite and hotel and from a holiday village in the Marathon area.
Today, temperatures are expected to reach 40 degrees Celsius in some parts of the country, with strong winds.
- » The Beauty of the Amazon Jungle - The "Lungs of the Earth" (GALLERY)
- » 250 Acres of Oak Forest and Pastures Burned near Vetren
- » Weather Forecasters Warn about Dangerous Rip Currents
- » Macron: Amazonia Fires Are an "International Crisis"
- » Sunny Today, Light Cloud in the Afternoon in Mountainous Areas
- » Ambient Air Quality Indicator in Plovdiv Area Does Not Exceed Acceptable Standards