More than 50 Wildfires in Greece
More than 50 forest fires are raging in Greece in conditions of heat, drought and high winds, the France press reported.
More than 450 firefighters and 23 aircraft have been mobilized to fight the fire.
Particularly large are one fire on Elafonisos Island, southern Peloponnese, and two near Marathon, near the capital Athens.
Evacuees were evacuated from the Elafonissos campsite and hotel and from a holiday village in the Marathon area.
Today, temperatures are expected to reach 40 degrees Celsius in some parts of the country, with strong winds.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Rain expected in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria: More Sun and Less Rain on the Last Day of May
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny, in some places with Rain today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Rain today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow for significant Thunderstorms and Hail Conditions in 5 areas
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Fog, Sun, Rain and Thunder today