More than 50 Wildfires in Greece
More than 50 forest fires are raging in Greece in conditions of heat, drought and high winds, the France press reported.
More than 450 firefighters and 23 aircraft have been mobilized to fight the fire.
Particularly large are one fire on Elafonisos Island, southern Peloponnese, and two near Marathon, near the capital Athens.
Evacuees were evacuated from the Elafonissos campsite and hotel and from a holiday village in the Marathon area.
Today, temperatures are expected to reach 40 degrees Celsius in some parts of the country, with strong winds.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Dozen Green Turtles Rescued from Poachers in Bali
- » Forest Fires Near Marseille, Thousands Evacuated
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Bulgaria Does Not Import Radioactive Waste According to the Minister of Environment and Water
- » Evacuation in Italy After Mont Blanc Glacier Threatens to Fall
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain Over Western Bulgaria, Sunny on the Seaside