Brazil, Bulgaria Win First Matches at Men's Volleyball Olympic Qualification in Varna
Brazil and Bulgaria won in the first day of the men's volleyball Olympic qualification in Varna on Friday to battle for one ticket to Tokyo 2020.
South America's reigning Olympic champions beat Puerto Rico 3-0 (25-23, 25-19, 25-19), while the hosts defeated Egypt 3-1 (25-11, 33-31, 19-25, 25-19) in the Palace of Culture and Sports on the Black Sea coast.
On Saturday, Bulgaria will take on Puerto Rico and Brazil will play against Egypt on the second day of the round-robin tournament, which ends on Sunday.
Brazil, a triple Olympic champion, is the only country to have played in every single edition of the Olympic Games since volleyball was introduced to the Olympic program in Tokyo 1964.
Bulgaria finished fourth in London 2012 but missed Rio 2016.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Minister of Sports Krassen Kralev : Stadiums Could Close Doors to Fans
- » 30 Years Later: Liverpool Is The New Champion of England!
- » Tennis Star Novak Djokovic Tests Positive for Covid-19
- » Coaches of Grigor Dimitrov and Novak Djokovic Tested Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgarian Тennis Star Grigor Dimitrov Is Infected With COVID-19
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Training in His Hometown Haskovo