Scientists: 200 Billion Tonnes of Ice Have Melted in Greenland
Because of record high temperatures in July, glaciers have lost a huge amount of their volume, NOVA TV reported.
Scientists from Denmark's Meteorological Institute reported that over 10 billion tonnes of ice have melted in Greenland in just one day.
Because of record highs of over 20 degrees in July, glaciers have lost enormous amount of their volume.
Scientists estimate that nearly 200 billion tonnes of ice have turned into water throughout the month.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Up to 110 Shooting Stars per Hour in Bulgaria Between August 11th and 13th
- » Two Beluga Whales Have Been Moved to an Open Water Sanctuary After Almost 10 Years Away From the Sea
- » 3.4-Magnitute Earthquake in Vrancea, Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects