The International Bansko Jazz Festival Starts Today
For the twenty-second year in a row, the Bansko resort in Pirin Mountain, southwestern Bulgaria, has welcomed foreign and Bulgarian jazz and pop musicians and singers.
The biggest jazz festival in Bulgaria opens today with the trademarks of Bulgarian jazz - Vasil Petrov and Kamelia Todorova. British saxophonist Ray Gelato will also appear on stage of the Bansko Jazz Fest with his band The Giants.
The program of the festival, which continues until August 10, also includes groups from Italy, Hungary, Serbia and Greece, BNR reported.
Over the years more than twenty big bands have played Bansko. Besides the traditional participants from the Big Band of Bulgarian National Radio with conductor Yanko Miladinov, which usually opens the event, former guest performers include the big formations of Vili Kazasyan, Georgi Borisov, Angel Zaberski, Big Band Blagoevgrad, several orchestras from Germany and Austria. Although quite different in nature, ethno-styles also have a permanent place in the festival. The festival programme has featured almost all great Bulgarian jazz performers.
For more information and the full program of the event click HERE
- » Apple is Turning Big Cities’ Streets into Art with Augmented Reality
- » Half of Bulgarians Like Local Pop Folk Music Chalga
- » The National Costume Festival in Zheravna Begins
- » Spice Music Festival - 90`s Edition Coming in August to Burgas
- » N.Y’s Kalafatis Teams With Bulgaria’s Nu Boyana for Greek Venture
- » Street Food & Art Festival in Burgas is a New Concept for an Urban Festival