Kristalina Georgieva Thanked the Bulgarian Government for the Support of her Nomination for IMF Chief
On Twitter, Kristalina Georgieva has thanked the Bulgarian government and Prime Minister Boyko Borissov for the support of her nomination for the position of chief of the International Monetary Fund.
The Bulgarian nominee received the support of the EU on Friday, after an intense 12-hour meeting of EU finance ministers. Traditionally, the election of a new IMF chief requires consensus of the 24-member Executive Board, in which all 189 IMF Member States are represented on a quota basis.
The highest weight is given to the votes of the United States, Japan and China, BNR reported.
- » President Rumen Radev Met with th US Ambassador to Bulgaria Justin Friedman
- » MFA: No Data For Bulgarians Affected by the Floods in Northern Greece
- » Prime Minister Borisov Met with the Greek Minister For Migration Policy
- » Rosen Zhelyazkov Discusses Mobility Package with EU Ministers in Brussels
- » Ministry of Interior: Migration Pressure in the Region is Increasing
- » PM Boyko Borissov Comments the Change in the Position of the Bulgarian Government on Belene NPP