Russian Holidaymakers Stranded at Bulgaria Airports over Problems with Planes
Russian holidaymakers are trapped at airports in Bulgaria’s Varna and Burgas due to problems with Bulgaria Airplanes, Russia’s Honorary Consul in Burgas Tonko Fotev told TASS on Saturday.
"Due to problems with planes, the Bulgaria Air carrier altered the schedule of flights bound for Russia and so several groups of Russian tourists could not take flights home in due time. The situation is under control and very soon the Russians will take extra flights," Fotev said.
According to the diplomat, the Russian holidaymakers are trapped at Varna and Burgas airports.
"In accordance with the current regulations, the passengers were given water and meals, while some of them were accommodated at Varna and Burgas hotels. Bulgaria’s Tourism Ministry is holding control of the situation along with us," he added.
- » Albania, North Macedonia and Serbia to Allow Passport-Free Travel by 2021
- » Bulgarians Are Looking for a Cheap Hotel, while Foreigners Are Paying for Luxury
- » Bulgaria and Jordan Will Deepen their Cooperation in Tourism
- » 200 Tourists Waiting for BGN 350,000 Compensation from Astral Holidays Insurer
- » One of the Largest Tour Operators in Bulgaria Declared Bankruptcy
- » Indonesia Won't Ban Tourists from Accessing the Komodo Islands