Russian Holidaymakers Stranded at Bulgaria Airports over Problems with Planes
Russian holidaymakers are trapped at airports in Bulgaria’s Varna and Burgas due to problems with Bulgaria Airplanes, Russia’s Honorary Consul in Burgas Tonko Fotev told TASS on Saturday.
"Due to problems with planes, the Bulgaria Air carrier altered the schedule of flights bound for Russia and so several groups of Russian tourists could not take flights home in due time. The situation is under control and very soon the Russians will take extra flights," Fotev said.
According to the diplomat, the Russian holidaymakers are trapped at Varna and Burgas airports.
"In accordance with the current regulations, the passengers were given water and meals, while some of them were accommodated at Varna and Burgas hotels. Bulgaria’s Tourism Ministry is holding control of the situation along with us," he added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece Closes its Borders to Serbian Citizens Until July 15
- » Long Queue at Kulata Border Again, Re-entry into Bulgaria is Allowed from All Border Checkpoints
- » Air France Plans to Cut 7,500 Jobs
- » Full Beaches On The Black Sea Coast: Bulgarian Tourism Industry Is Optimistic for the Season
- » 12 km Queue of Cars at the Kulata Border Checkpoint to Greece
- » The Queues of Cars at the "Kulata" Border Checkpoint Continue