Apple Sells Fewer Smartphones but Compensates with Higher Revenues in Services
Apple (Apple) reported revenue of $ 53.8 billion in the third quarter. The profit of the American company is 10 billion, which is a 13% decline, but exceeds market expectations, France Press reported.
The company stemmed some of its drop in sales to China, BBC reported.
Apple branded smartphone sales were down from $ 29.4 billion to nearly $ 26 billion, which is less than analysts' estimates.
But on the other hand, revenue from services (ApplePlay, AppStore, iTunes, Apple Music, iCloud, etc.) increased 15 percent in one year to $ 11.5 billion, The company said in a statement yesterday. The company's shares rose 4.6 percent in e-commerce after the New York Stock Exchange closed - a sign that investors are trusting Apple's turn.
Financially dependent on the iPhone - which generates nearly half of its revenue - the tech giant has begun diversifying into the service industry. For the fourth quarter (July-August-September), Apple estimates a turnover of between $ 61 and $ 64 billion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian GDP Growth Expected to Reach 2.7% in 2021
- » Bulgarian Budget Deficit Set for BGN 7 Billion for 2021 by Outgoing Government
- » Chaos at Bulgaria – Greece Border as People Return from Easter Holidays
- » Twitter Trials New Features Like Money Transfer
- » Real Estate Prices in Bulgaria Up by 30 Percent over Decade
- » IBM Presented Revolutionary Chip Manufacturing Technology