Rumen Radev Met with the President of the House of Representatives of the Republic of Cyprus Demetris Syllouris
The friendship between the Bulgarian and Cypriot people is based on the spiritual and cultural ties that we have been developing for many years. This was stated by President Rumen Radev, who met today with the President of the House of Representatives of the Republic of Cyprus, Demetris Syllouris.
The two agreed that the Bulgarian community in Cyprus and the numerous Cypriot national students who had completed their higher education in Bulgaria are the living bridge between the two countries. The President said that the Republic of Cyprus is an important trade and economic partner of Bulgaria and added that trade between the two countries is growing.
Rumen Radev and Demetris Syllouris also discussed the fight against high-level corruption. In the president's words, it is "a global disease that extends beyond the national borders of every country and also requires international efforts." The Bulgarian president says more measures are needed to make cross-border financial transactions more transparent.
Demetris Syllouris noted the possibilities for deepening cooperation in the fields of tourism, agriculture, industry and artificial intelligence.
- » President Rumen Radev Met with th US Ambassador to Bulgaria Justin Friedman
- » MFA: No Data For Bulgarians Affected by the Floods in Northern Greece
- » Prime Minister Borisov Met with the Greek Minister For Migration Policy
- » Rosen Zhelyazkov Discusses Mobility Package with EU Ministers in Brussels
- » Ministry of Interior: Migration Pressure in the Region is Increasing
- » PM Boyko Borissov Comments the Change in the Position of the Bulgarian Government on Belene NPP