Personal Data of 106 Million People in the US and Canada Has Been Stolen
The personal data of 106 million people in the United States and Canada were stolen after a hacker attack by a US financial company.
The information was confirmed by its representatives, stating that the hacker had made the breakthrough, had already been arrested. Data indicate that the attack took place on July 19th.
Names, addresses, and phone numbers of people applying for different credit services have expired. The company said the hacker had failed to reach their credit card numbers. However, 140,000 social security numbers and about 80,000 related bank account numbers have been stolen.
In Canada, there are also leaks from insurance policies. The company said all those affected would be notified. The investigation will continue.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Analysis: Anti-Americanism and Russian Propaganda in Greece
- » Day 165 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Parts of the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Plant were Damaged
- » Taiwan's President appeals for International Support to Halt Escalation of the Regional Situation
- » The Death Toll from Israeli Bombings in the Gaza Strip has risen to 32
- » Day 164 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv and Moscow Accuse Each Other of Shelling the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant
- » Hungary and Poland are Against the EU's Plan to Reduce Gas Consumption