Today Is the Deadline for Nominations for a New Chief Prosecutor in Bulgaria
The Supreme Judicial Council meets at a last meeting before the summer vacation. The deadline for nominations for a Chief Public Prosecutor also expires today. Following the unanimous nomination of Ivan Geshev, only the Minister of Justice can offer another candidate by law.
If Ivan Geshev remains the only candidate for the post, he must be heard before the SJC plenum on 24 October. The vote will be held immediately after that.
In order to be elected, he must receive the support of not less than 2/3 of the SJC members. If elected, the SJC will send a proposal to the President and he may sign or refuse to sign a decree appointing him.
If President Rumen Radev takes advantage of his authorities, he must state detailed reasons for the refusal.
- » President Rumen Radev Met with th US Ambassador to Bulgaria Justin Friedman
- » MFA: No Data For Bulgarians Affected by the Floods in Northern Greece
- » Prime Minister Borisov Met with the Greek Minister For Migration Policy
- » Rosen Zhelyazkov Discusses Mobility Package with EU Ministers in Brussels
- » Ministry of Interior: Migration Pressure in the Region is Increasing
- » PM Boyko Borissov Comments the Change in the Position of the Bulgarian Government on Belene NPP