President's Veto on the F-16 Fighter Purchase Contract Goes to Parliament
MPs will consider the veto of President Rumen Radev on the Law for the ratification of the contract for the purchase of eight F-16 Block 70 aircraft. It was rejected by the parliamentary defense committee with the votes of GERB, MRF and VMRO.
The head of state has returned the texts for reconsideration because of the lack of broad public consensus about the parameters of the treaty.
According to Radev, the law is adopted on the "fast track", significantly increases the budget deficit and leaves uncertainties about the price of fighter jets, armaments packages and contract benefits.
In response, Defense Minister Krasimir Karakachanov said the deal did not include additional payments. And Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov suspected a scenario for delaying the purchase.
- » White Brotherhood of Bulgaria Gather for Supernatural-like Ritual near Rila Lakes
- » The Fire in the Old Landfill in Svishtov is Under Control, Crews on Site are Monitoring the Situation
- » This Year Bulgaria has Allocated BGN 70 Million for Reclamation of Old Landfills
- » Global Game Industry is Stepping into Bulgaria
- » Carriers will be Able to Test the TOL System
- » A New Case of African Swine Fever in Plovdiv and Lovech