Four People Will Be Accused of Tax Evasion after the Operations in Dobrich, Varna and Sofia
By the end of the day, four persons will be charged with participation in a crime group for tax evasion, said Deputy Prosecutor-General Ivan Geshev, referring to the ongoing operation of the Special Prosecutor's Office, a correspondent of Focus Radio Varna reported.
“The operation is taking place simultaneously in Dobrich, Varna and Sofia. The four detainees are not only from the town of Dobrich. One of them has a large business in the capital," said Geshev. In his words, today’s operation is part of pre-trial proceedings under the supervision of the Special Prosecutor's Office.
“The State Agency for National Security, the gendarmerie and the regional police department are taking part in the operation. The pre-trial proceedings were instigated at the beginning of the year, it is against tax crimes. By tomorrow, at the latest, the four of them will get charged," said Ivan Geshev.
"One is accused of heading an organised crime group, all four as probable perpetrators of tax offences, causing initially estimated loss of BGN 300,000 [to the state]. The amount could subsequently increase after the relevant expert reports,” said the deputy prosecutor general. The group’s head is a notorious figure in Dobrich, who has been convicted of tax crimes numerous times, Geshev said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene