Rozhen 2019 National Folklore Fair Began
The National Folklore Fair “Rozhen 2019” began on July 19. This year it will run until July 21, reports BNT.
More than 3,500 folklore artists and 80 craftsmen will present their folk dances, songs and artistic works until Sunday on the meadows of Rozhen.
The big horo dance started, which every day from today till Sunday will take place in front of the first stage of the Rozhen Fair. The flag this year is a record-holder. It is 320 metres long and weighs more than half a tonne. Organisers say that around 250,000 visitors are expected to attend the event until Sunday.
The folklore fair was opened by Bulgaria’s President Rumen Radev.
The Rozhen National Folklore Fair is a major Bulgarian folklore fair held every four years on the meadows of the Rozhen area in Smolyan municipality, in the Rhodope Mountains, Southern Bulgaria. The fair's goal is to popularize the Bulgarian folk dance and song art.
- » Distribution of Over BGN 620 Thousand Worth of Pensions in Bulgaria is Temporarily Suspended
- » Warning of Dangerous Undercurrents Along the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Traffic on Struma Motorway Expected to be Allowed Partially from Friday
- » Bulgarian PM: Government is Implementing Consistent Policy to Build and Renovate Sports Facilities Across the Country
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescuers: Injured Tourist near Malyovitsa Peak is Safe
- » Restoration of the Viaduct of Struma Motorway Will Cost BGN 1.86 million