Bulgarian PM: The Presence of Russian Ships During our Black Sea Military Drills is Normal
The presence of Russian ships in the Black Sea during the maritime exercise Breeze 2019 is normal as this is how we know about each other’s powers. Thus our strategy in the Black Sea – to conduct only planned exercises, and the rest of the time the area to be a centre of trade, tourism and gas connections, is in full force, said Prime Minister Boyko Borissov aboard of the Verni frigate, Focus Radio Varna reported. According to Borissov, such drills aim to demonstrate the deterrent power of the sea forces, not aggression.
The prime minister further said that Bulgarian military use the time to modernise their equipment. "A drill like this enables our forces to improve their combat readiness. Besides, the forces that can be used against traffickers, illegal migrants, do an excellent job as well," the prime minister said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Law Changes in Bulgaria: 3 Years of Imprisonment , Fine to 10,000 BGN for Anyone Who Violates Rules against COVID-19
- » Minister Karakachanov: The United States has Given Bulgaria $87 Million for Military Equipment
- » Expert: The NRA Data Leak Have Attracted the Attention of Hackers from around the World
- » There is No Migration Pressure Along Our Borders with Turkey and Greece
- » Opinion: Turkish Operation in Syria
- » Borisov: Nearly BGN 4 billion Will be Spent on Defense This Year