Silistar Oil and Gas Prospecting First Attempt Failed
The first attempt at oil and gas prospecting off Silistar in the Black Sea has failed.
At the end of March “Shell International Exploration and Development Italia”, in which Shell has a 50 percent share, the Australian Woodside Energy – 30 percent, and the Spanish Repsol – the remaining shares, conducted three months of prospecting in Block Khan Kubrat.
The company is exploring one more section in the Northern portion of the Bulgarian Black Sea coast. According to Woodside Energy, deposits of hydrocarbons have been found near Silistar, but they are not suitable for commercial exploitation. The prospecting area has been sealed off and probes for future prospecting in the block are being undertaken, BNR reported.
- » 400 People were Detained during the Carnivals in Brazil
- » Jeff Bezos Gives $ 10 Billion to Fight Climate Change
- » NSI: Total Average Income per Household Member in Q4 2019 was BGN 1,770
- » BSMEPA will Work with the Bulgarian Association of Electrical Engineering and Electronics to Support the Industry
- » Salary Rise in Slovenia
- » The Death Toll of the Coronavirus in China Reached 1765