Suspect Arrested for NRA Hacker Attack Released from Detention
Sofia City Prosecutor's Office has set a measure for Kristian Boykov, requiring him to report in person every day to the authorities. He was accused of a computer crime, but was released from the detention facility, the Prosecutor’s office said on July 18, reports BNT.
The reasons for applying the lightest measure of remand include collection of additional evidence in the case, justifying an amendment of the charges to a lighetr punishable offense - under Art. 319 b paragraph 2 of the Criminal Code. It was found that Boykov illegally copied computer data from a NRA server, but the act was committed against an information system that is not part of the critical infrastructure. This was stated in a letter from the NRA, received today in the Prosecutor's office.
Boykov’s lack of previous criminal record, his good character and young age were taken into acccount.
Boykov was released from the detention facility in compliance with the orders of Sofia Prosecutor’s Office.
The investigation on the case is on-going.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Operation "White" against Drugs throughout Bulgaria, 56 People have been Detained
- » Two Bulgarians are among those detained in a Drug Cartel broken up by Europol
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!