The EC Allocates EUR 4 million to Investigative Journalism
The European Commission today announced that it provides EUR 4.175 million to support media freedom and investigative journalism across the European Union.
The funds will be in several areas - the first is related to countering violations of media freedom, the second is for international journalistic investigations, and the third is for independent journalism.
According to the European Commission, there has recently been a worsening of media freedom in some EU countries.
In addition to funding, direct aid is also foreseen for journalists who are threatened by their investigations.
How to apply - see HERE.
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: We Suggest to Have a Cybersecurity Department in the European Commission
- » Fitch Agency: Bulgaria Could Adopt the Euro in 2023
- » Politico: Bulgaria Wants ''Agriculture'' Department in the New European Commission
- » Kristalina Georgieva's Chances to Head the IMF are Increasing
- » Bulgaria will Provide BGN 148,395 in Grants to Serbia, Montenegro, Armenia and Georgia
- » Eurostat: Bulgaria Ranks First in the EU in Terms of Road Accident Rates