Parliament’s Defence Committee Approved Contracts with the US for F-16 Aircrafts
Bulgarian Parliament’s Defence Committee on July 17 approved the contracts with the United States for the purchase of the the F-16 fighter aircrafts with 13 votes in favour and 8 against, reports BNT.
The decision was adopted with the votes of GERB, MRF and United Patriots without "Ataka". The opposition Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) and Volya voted against.
If the contracts are ratified by July 31, and the money on the deal translated by the end of the year, the first F-16 aircrafts s will start arriving in Bulgaria in 2023.
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: The Government Provided BGN 82.510 Million for the Repair of the Su-25
- » The US and Romania Will Work to Strengthen Defense in NATO's Eastern Flank
- » US Sells Weapons Worth $ 8 billion to Taiwan
- » U.S. and Bulgarian Soldiers Conduct Static Line Paradrop Training
- » New IFVs Top Priority for Bulgaria's Land Forces inventory
- » Ankara Has Repeatedly Disrupted Greek Airspace