Customs Officers Discovered Undeclared Currency for nearly Half a Million BGN in a Passenger's Backpack
Customs officers from the Directorate-General for Customs Intelligence and Investigation / DG MRR) discovered undeclared 241,000 euros in a passenger's backpack on a bus selected for a thorough customs check.
The bus has traveled regularly from Bulgaria to Germany. It arrived at Customs Point Kalotina on 15.07.2019 around 16.30 pm in order to exit the country. When checking a hand baggage - a backpack of an Ukrainian citizen traveling in the bus, customs officers found a total of 241 000 undeclared euro in a nylon bag of clothes, in banknotes of 50, 100 and 200 euros. According to the explanation of the Ukrainian citizen, the currency was intended for the purchase of a car.
On July 16th 2019, the criminal proceedings against the defendant ended with an agreement concluded between the Slivnitsa Regional Prosecutor's Office and his defense counsel. The penalty imposed is "fine" at the rate of 1/5 of the offense, namely 48,200 euro.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Two Women from Berkovtsa in Court for Arranging the Marraige of Under-Aged Teens
- » Bulgarian Citizen Was Detained for Migrant Smuggling in Slovenia
- » Six People Are Accused of Tax Crimes in the Trade of Imported Drugs
- » Cat Smuggled Heroin into Prison in Sri Lanka And When Detained - Escapes
- » Alleged Gang Sexual Assault in a 5-Star Hotel in Egypt
- » 9 People Involved in a Criminal Group for Illegal Extraction and Sale of Wood Have Been Detained