6.1 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in Bali
There is no danger of a tsunami.
An earthquake shook the Indonesian island of Bali, the island of Lombok, and the province of East Java.
The earthquake was with a magnitude of 6.1 and caused damage to homes and temples. According to local authorities, the earthquake triggered panic, but no tsunami warning was announced.
Such earthquakes in Indonesia occur frequently, as the island is located on the Pacific Ring of Fire.
In 2004, an earthquake in the Indian Ocean, followed by a tsunami, caused the deaths of 230,000 people in a dozen countries. Most of the victims were in Indonesia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warm and Windy Sunday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 9: Sunny and Hot, Temperatures Up to 33 Degrees
- » Bulgaria: 3-Year-Old Bear Found Dead Near Velingrad
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 8: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures up to 29 Degrees