6.1 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in Bali
There is no danger of a tsunami.
An earthquake shook the Indonesian island of Bali, the island of Lombok, and the province of East Java.
The earthquake was with a magnitude of 6.1 and caused damage to homes and temples. According to local authorities, the earthquake triggered panic, but no tsunami warning was announced.
Such earthquakes in Indonesia occur frequently, as the island is located on the Pacific Ring of Fire.
In 2004, an earthquake in the Indian Ocean, followed by a tsunami, caused the deaths of 230,000 people in a dozen countries. Most of the victims were in Indonesia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Significant Clouds with Little Chance of Rain
- » Weather in Bulgaria: First Snow is expected on Tuesday. Cold, but without Siberian frosts in December
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Light Rains across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny in the East with Max Temp Between 7°-12°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Significant Clouds and Max Temperatures Between 6°-11°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Rain Showers in Many Places of the Country