6.1 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in Bali
There is no danger of a tsunami.
An earthquake shook the Indonesian island of Bali, the island of Lombok, and the province of East Java.
The earthquake was with a magnitude of 6.1 and caused damage to homes and temples. According to local authorities, the earthquake triggered panic, but no tsunami warning was announced.
Such earthquakes in Indonesia occur frequently, as the island is located on the Pacific Ring of Fire.
In 2004, an earthquake in the Indian Ocean, followed by a tsunami, caused the deaths of 230,000 people in a dozen countries. Most of the victims were in Indonesia.
- » The Netherlands Cuts Speed Limit on Motorways to 100 km / h
- » 100kg Fireball Flew Over the US State of Missouri (VIDEO)
- » New Eco-Tax Puts an End to the Cheap Airline Tickets in Europe
- » Venice Is Underwater, there Are Casualties
- » NIMH: Mostly Cloudy with Showers in some Places - Mainly in the Southwestern Part of the Country
- » Study: Hurricanes Are Three Times more than 100 Years ago