Bulgaria Is the Leading Producer of Organic Rose and Lavender Oil in the World
The Ministry of Agriculture has prepared a National Plan for the Development of Organic Farming until 2027. The goal is to establish this country as leader in a number of bio-products. The sustainability of small organic farms will be promoted through their cooperation. Opportunities for free counseling and professional training for bio-farmers are being launched.
From 26,662 hectares in 2011, certified areas for cultivation of bio-cultures in Bulgaria increased to 162,332 ha in 2018. This country is among the leaders in Europe according to the number of hives, meeting the requirements for organic farming, and is the largest manufacturer of organic rose and lavender oils in the world. Production of essential oil from Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) has also been growing.
Organic farming is a priority sector for support under the Rural Development Program.
- » In the last 5 years, No Sea Cruises From the Ports of Varna and Burgas Have been Realized
- » Lower Consumption and Exports will Slow Growth in Bulgaria in 2020-2021
- » Which Major Chains Opened New Stores in Bulgaria in 2019?
- » Is there an Economic Crisis on the Bulgaria Sea Coast this Summer?
- » Bulgarian Flight Delays Trigger A Government Investigation
- » Eurostat: In Five Years No Sea Cruise has been Realized in Bulgaria