"Volya" Won't Support the Deal for the Purchase of the F-16 Aircraft
“Volya” won’t support the deal for the purchase of eight F-16 fighters in the plenary, the party's press centre reported. The deal must be submitted for ratification by Parliament by the end of this week.
Volya’s deputies will vote against the purchase of fighters in the defense committee scheduled for tomorrow and the Budget and Finance Committee scheduled for Wednesday.
Veselin Mareshki, Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly, leader of "Volya": For us this is the biggest robbery in the most recent history of Bulgaria after the bankruptcy of CCB. Modernization of the army can only take place after modernizing health and education, and after pensions and income become European.
These must be the priorities that will make people's lives better.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » In Iraq Pope Francis Calls for End to Violence and Extremism
- » Prime Minister Pledges Average Wage in Bulgaria to Be at Least BGN 2,000
- » Bulgaria’s President: US Senate’s Slashing Criticism Is Warning Signal to Our Establishment
- » Bulgaria: Road Police Launches New 3-Day Traffic Safety Operation
- » US Senators: Corruption Sours Our Relations with Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Parliament Says No to Russian Vaccine