3 Parties Want a Machine Vote only for Presidential and European Elections
Deputies from GERB, “United Patriots” and “Volya” undertake a legislative initiative to change the Electoral Code, which proposes to abolish the possibility of a machine vote in local and parliamentary elections. The news was announced by the chairwoman of the legal commission and GERB member Anna Alexandrova at a briefing in the parliament, BGNES reported.
Anna Alexandrova emphasised that the initiative was dictated by the Central Electoral Commission (CEC) analysis of the machine vote held in 3,000 polling stations in the European Parliament elections held on May 26 this year.
Deputies, however, propose the machine vote to be preserved for presidential and European parliamentary elections.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Plovdiv Traffic Police Congratulates Lady Drivers on March 8, Hand out Flowers
- » On March 8 Bulgarian Feminist Mobilization Group Will Rally for Gender Equality and Women’s Rights
- » Bulgarian Border Police: 12 Illegal Migrants, Including 3 Children Detained
- » Prime Minister Pledges Average Wage in Bulgaria to Be at Least BGN 2,000
- » Bulgaria’s President: US Senate’s Slashing Criticism Is Warning Signal to Our Establishment
- » Bulgaria: Road Police Launches New 3-Day Traffic Safety Operation