The Court Ordered the Metropolitan Municipality to Take Urgent Action Against the Dirty Air
The Sofia City Court ordered the Metropolitan Municipality to take urgent action against the dirty air by starting washing the main streets in Sofia twice a month from May to September and the rest of the year once a month.
Within two weeks, local authorities must submit to the court a plan to build more bicycle tracks, including from the districts to the city center.
The municipality is also obliged to announce the levels of fine particulate matter on its site, on the designated boards and at the stops of the public transport and the subway.
The municipality of Sofia has announced that they will not appeal the court order and have specified that the measures proposed by the court are part of the municipal program that is being implemented at the moment.
- » White Brotherhood of Bulgaria Gather for Supernatural-like Ritual near Rila Lakes
- » The Fire in the Old Landfill in Svishtov is Under Control, Crews on Site are Monitoring the Situation
- » This Year Bulgaria has Allocated BGN 70 Million for Reclamation of Old Landfills
- » Global Game Industry is Stepping into Bulgaria
- » Carriers will be Able to Test the TOL System
- » A New Case of African Swine Fever in Plovdiv and Lovech