Bulgarian Movie Won the Grand Prix at the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival
The Bulgarian-Greek film “The Father” won the Grand Prix at the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival in the Czech Republic.
The film is directed by Kristina Grozeva and Petar Valchanov. They received the Crystal Globe from actress Patricia Clarkson. The family drama with elements of comedy tells the story of a man who believes his late wife is trying to contact him while his son tries to bring him back to reality.
This is not the first time Kristina Grozeva and Petar Valchanov have earned recognition for their work – their films “The Lesson” and “Glory” have been commended in Bulgaria and abroad.
/ via BNR
- » Bulgarian Pavilion at the Venice Biennale was Visited by over 17,200 People
- » "Night 2019" in Plovdiv Offers Many Cultural Events
- » The Bulgarian Premiere of SOMEONE FROM HOME Will Take Place on September 15 at the Kino Cabana
- » Milko Lazarov's "Aga" is the Bulgarian Proposal For an Oscar
- » Theodore Ushev's 'The Physics of Sorrow' Animation with a World Premiere in Toronto
- » Vezhdi Rashidov Opens an Exhibition in Plovdiv