Outbreaks of African Swine Fever Can Bring Significant Damages to Bulgaria
Five villages are affected by outbreaks of African swine fever in domestic swines. The infected animals are 51. This is one of the most significant diseases, which can bring significant damage to Bulgaria, said Deputy Minister of Agriculture Associate Professor Dr. Yanko Ivanov in the studio of BNT1.
In Northeastern Bulgaria there are 600,000 industrially-kept pigs. In the summer season, there is an active tourist and agricultural activity and the risk is increasing many times, commented Prof. Ivanov.
He assured that compensation by law will receive only those who are properly registered. It is being discussed how to help people who have suffered losses. We will find a way to compensate them, but perhaps not all of them, said the Deputy Minister and specified that those who acted indiscriminately would not be compensated.
Today there is a meeting with the governors from Northern Bulgaria and all those who are interested in the matter.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece Closes its Borders to Serbian Citizens Until July 15
- » Long Queue at Kulata Border Again, Re-entry into Bulgaria is Allowed from All Border Checkpoints
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Week Starts with Afternoon Rain
- » Air France Plans to Cut 7,500 Jobs
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov at Inspection of Wastewater Treatment in Primorsko: We Have Fulfilled What We Promised - To Provide The Cleanest Sea
- » Full Beaches On The Black Sea Coast: Bulgarian Tourism Industry Is Optimistic for the Season